Skip to main content

Defeated in Hades...





Slain and dragged into Hades,
A crusade for my soul is proclaimed,
Though it’s an endeavor ridiculed by forlorn mortals,
And the battle cry void of fervor,
I forged ahead.
I waded in and made a solemn pledge,
That defeat shall never be my denouement.
Only one shall prevail,
My soul or the obliteration of the entire inferno.
As I massacred my demons,
I began to morph into a diabolical immortal.
When I found my soul,
It failed to recognize me,
For I have turned into an unrecognizable savage,
Emanating fury and grim,
I have become the infernal Being I tried to destroy,
With all hope gone,
I fell on my knees in defeat,
And surrendered to the shadows of Hades.

Grymm Ripper :]

(P/S: I don't own neither do I take any credit for the image above.)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To Change or To Change.

Life changes you.  ‘Change’ the one constant throughout the perpetuation of time. The influence of the people you meet and the experience you undergo are like micro surgeries that restructure bits and parts of you. Either you feel more corrupted with age or more grounded with your accumulation of wisdom. One thing for sure age does not and never will reflect wisdom. It’s always easier being the person from the outside looking in. However, when you are the protagonist of the situation at hand, then the rules of the game changes. The world did not come into being along with an instruction manual. We long constructed our pillars of morals through trials and errors from generation to generation. Thesis and antithesis like that of Hegel’s, as the pendulum swings humanity makes their progression. Self-evaluation and reflection is an essential ritual for every conscience bearing human being. To question ourselves is just as important as questioning everything else aroun...

Just another mindless human.

Have you ever stayed at home long enough or just been away from people that when you finally go out, the world is too big and loud for you?  Well, time has become nonexistent for you but seeing people just scurrying around, hurrying here and hurrying there makes you instantly aware of the existence of time again. You can feel them judging you. With just one look, they sum up who you are. They emanate self-importance and frustration. You keep walking through the crowd; the feeling that you don't belong here and shouldn't be existing starts sinking into your head. Thought after thought floods your mind and soon enough it becomes too much. Unable to keep track of these thoughts you lose yourself into the collective conformity, go numb and become part of the parasitic crowd. Just another mindless human, hurrying away. GrymmRipper. :]
The stanza below is among my favorite ones that i've ever written. Its the last stanza from the poem entitled 'Spinning Wheel' that i wrote for Aunty Kathy last Christmas.Here it goes.... It doesn’t matter if life is a ruthless master, For I am not a milquetoast, To fall on my knees and never rise up. I shall stare life to a halt, And spin a yarn that I have always yearned for. Lady Indira =)