Skip to main content

Tête-à-Tête #2


(Kage)
Hey, stop staring into your cup of coffee.

(Flo)
Oh, sorry. [ While scratching her head ]

(Kage)
What's bothering you?

(Flo)
It's nothing really, just that I had this weird dream last night and was trying to figure out
what it meant.

(Kage)
You want to tell me about it?

(Flo)
Hmm..yeah, sure. Well, I dreamt I was in a temple. A group of priests and other devotees were gathered there conducting a pooja. After some time, suddenly one of the priest turned around with open arms and began to shout “Kala! Kala!” out loud. He looked scary with his sunken eyes.

(Kage)
[ Nodded his head ]

(Flo)
The other devotees (there were only few of them) looked dead. As if they were zombies and I stood there with them.

(Kage)
Hmm...

(Flo)
Who is Kala? Is there a deity called Kala? I only know of Kali, but Kala? I know nothing of it.

(Kage)
Kala means art or black. There might be some other meanings to it too, but why Kala?

(Flo)
I have no idea. [ Fiddles with her phone ] Check this out. I Googled Kala and here it says “ As Time personified, destroying all things Kala is God of Death associated with Yama.”
Am I going to die? [Grins]

(Kage)
Seriously? Is that the best conclusion you can make out of it? [Shakes his head]

(Flo)
By the way, I haven't told you the other half of my dream.

(Kage)
Tell.

(Flo)
I was in a 2 meter by 2 meter room or probably a 3 by 3 square room. It's walls were not constructed out of mere concrete but blocks of solid diamond and so was the ceiling. On the floor there was a praying mat.

(Kage)
Interesting. Go on.

(Flo)
Well, the mat was really beautiful and very soft beneath my feet. On the mat was a holy book placed on a reading stand. There was neither a door nor window in that room. It was simply a closed room made of diamonds.

(Kage)
[Leaned forward, becoming more interested].

(Flo)
Then I heard a voice saying to me “ Read it! Not many has gotten the chance to be in this room and read this holy book. Others rarely gets this chance.” But I was hesitant and stood there just staring blankly. My only reply to the voice was “ I know, but not now.”

(Kage)
What happened then? [Rubbing his chin]

(Flo)
Well, I tried to search if there was any opening or a way out of the room and thats when I managed to shift dreams. I ended up in the temple dream I was telling you about before.

(Kage)
[Raising his eyebrows] Those are really some symbolic dreams you've had right there. So, it's like you are being given religions to choose from but you don't think they are for you.
If you have been subconsciously looking for answers in religion, then I think the dream is pretty much relevant to you. Indicating you have not fully rejected it.

(Flo)
Thats exactly why I'm agnostic. They say there is a god but I have no faith and I am not willing to pretend.

(Kage)
I think you have grown out the religion part. Maybe you should look into philosophy or spirituality [pauses] if that exists at all.

(Flo)
I started checking out different religions since the age of twelve looking for the right God. Searched for something that would make God sensible and I focused on monotheism as I was never able to accept the idea of polytheism.

(Kage)
If you were to ask me, I say don't look into religion anymore. It is really biased even when they claim it's not.

(Flo)
I agree.

(Kage)
The moment someone claim they've got the answer to everything, I call bullshit on that. In my opinion, science is a good place to look into. The fact that they say that science is wrong and doesn't have the answers is stupid. Science has never claimed it has all the answers and it is not even an entity. It's a method or system you use to find answers. The claims are humble and are always ready to be disapproved.

(Flo)
Science is just the explanations of phenomenons by using methods justifiable by our physical senses. Non of these explanations or facts were conjured without viable proofs. [Sighs] I don't know Kage. Really am doing my best to be truthful to myself as I wouldn't want to be a hypocrite and make people happy by following their ideologies.

(Kage)
Then let yourself understand that we are all ignorant and have no way of knowing the truth.

(Flo)
It's no a big problem really, just so happens that subconsciously it does bother me. Like I am being pushed to choose when I actually don't want to.

(Kage)
Looks like we will be serving time in quite a lot of Hells. [Smiles]

(Flo)
We are going to make a lot of devil friends. Inferno here we come!

(Kage)
But that does clear a lot of things. Are you willing to choose a God who punishes people into eternal damnation because we didn't follow his religion? I say screw that kind of God.

(Flo)
Ouff!

(Kage)
Oh boy! Now I really am going to end up in Hell for sure.

(Flo)
Confirmed. They've booked you a place.

(Kage)
If I meet God, I'll ask him a lot of questions. But my first reaction to him would be “Seriously dude?!”

(Flo)
[Laughs] Hahaha! Yeah.

(Kage)
God the biggest troll ever! Taking so much pain to hide himself.

(Flo)
[Nods her head in agreement]

(Kage)
[Digs into the chocolate cake he ordered]

(Flo)
[Continues drinking her coffee and eats her toast]

(Kage)
Oh by the way, [pauses] you should listen to the Pale Blue Dot by Carl Sagan.

(Flo)
Why?

(Kage)
It will help you a lot . He talks about religion and the contradictions.

(Flo)
Isn't there a book or something?

(Kage)
There is but I suggest you to try the audiobook, as it is Carl Sagan who will be reading it to you. The book is a gem. He is very humble, never talks with pride or ego.

(Flo)
Ah...Carl Sagan. If I am not mistaken he hosted a series about space back in the 80's.

(Kage)
Yup, that was Cosmos.

(Flo)
Yes, Cosmos.

(Kage)
Not to mention, he wrote Contact. He neither said religion was wrong nor did he say anything about atheism.

(Flo)
Contact the movie was adapted from a book?

(Kage)
Yeah it was adapted from a book. He just gives different points and views to consider.

(Flo)
You do know that the Life of Pi sort of touches on this topic too? It basically presents that there are many explanations to our existence. They all range from depressive to hopeful ones. It is just up to you to choose the explanation you like best. Thats exactly what Life of Pi was about [pauses], from what I understood after watching the movie.

(Kage)
In the case of Life of Pi, if you believe in God this movie will strengthen that belief and if you are of the opposite mindset, then it will strengthen just that. However if you're someone who
is agnostic, then you know you'll ask even more questions. People who are not ready for other answers will never ponder about our existence. We question everything because we don't have the answers.

(Flo)
Yeah.

(Kage)
Everyone is satisfied with what they have, that they just don't question anymore.

(Flo)
They have chosen to imprison themselves mentally.

(Kage)
It just confuses people like us as to how they can be so at ease and are mentally contented.

(Flo)
That is true. It makes me so frustrated because it is so clear how things are. The fact that everything is true and everything a lie. It's your own universe you create for yourself. There
is no need to push and clash with others. I don't understand the need to be stubborn and diss others who don't believe in what you believe.I say, just keep your beliefs to yourselves and don't impose them on other, easy as that. For all we know the Matrix may just be the truth. It comes down to accepting that there isn't an ultimate truth made readily available to us. There are only theories and religion is among them.

(Kage)
Ya.

(Flo)
All we've got left to trust are our senses. They help us make sense of our universe. Religion is an alternate theory that may or may not help us to make sense of it. However, science does
encourage us to utilize our senses. So, when there isn't an ultimate truth, it's best we choose the theory that aligns with our senses in perceiving the universe and its phenomenons.
I believe that is where science comes in, the closest thing we have in making any sense as to what the heck is our universe is about.

(Kage)
Exactly.

(Flo)
Well that is all that I have got to say.

(Kage)
The End?

(Flo)
The End.

(Kage)
Let's go for a walk.

(Flo)
[Smiles] Alright, let's go.




GrymmRipper :]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ann

She cried again last night. As usual I had nothing to say but pat her to sleep. Almost two and a half years of continued weeping at night. Shouldering the burden of soothing a 7-year-old, what wisdom does a 10-year-old have to bring it to a stop. Lying next to me, sharing a single bed “Akka, where is mommy?”, the same question asked repeatedly, drowned only by the whir of the fan keeping us cool on  sweltering summer nights.   Looking at her this morning, you would never know the existence of her nightly griefs. Grandma held her hand whilst we both waited for our 6 a.m. school bus. Her short curly hair, dark blue primary pinafore, white shoes, slouching under the weight of her school bag pregnant with heavy textbooks, she looks so ordinary. Or maybe not, we both were unusually skinny and scrawny. Something we have constantly been made fun of at school; a few more years later down the line when we both approached puberty the bullying is only made worse for being flat chested. God

Convenience

A genocide of flora and fauna. A Whale drifted ashore with its bowel pregnant with your single use plastics. NO. Not gory enough. Desensitised. It all seems distanced and far off. It's happening to them not to me. Not me. Not my family. Not my friends. The fine dust that chokes the airway of my child. The microplastic beads that stealthily makes their way into my bowels. The prickly heat stinging my once weatherproof melanin skin. The pesticides slowly poisoning you and me through the innocent consumption of our five a day. It all began with just a desire for a little bit more convenience. Our demand for convenience fills the pockets of greedy irresponsible capitalist. Hah! Always looking for the obvious culprit to take the blame. It's you. It's my family. It's my friends. It's us. We're all to blame. Our bottles of shampoo, our 9p shopping bags, our fast fashion. The binge. The great 'Renaissance' of Consumerism. A genocide of f

To Change or To Change.

Life changes you.  ‘Change’ the one constant throughout the perpetuation of time. The influence of the people you meet and the experience you undergo are like micro surgeries that restructure bits and parts of you. Either you feel more corrupted with age or more grounded with your accumulation of wisdom. One thing for sure age does not and never will reflect wisdom. It’s always easier being the person from the outside looking in. However, when you are the protagonist of the situation at hand, then the rules of the game changes. The world did not come into being along with an instruction manual. We long constructed our pillars of morals through trials and errors from generation to generation. Thesis and antithesis like that of Hegel’s, as the pendulum swings humanity makes their progression. Self-evaluation and reflection is an essential ritual for every conscience bearing human being. To question ourselves is just as important as questioning everything else around us